Welcome to San Benito High School District
From Superintendent Dr. Shawn Tennenbaum
Welcome to San Benito High School District, home of Hollister High School and San Andreas Continuation High School. The mission of San Benito High School District is to educate all students to their highest potential so they will have the greatest range of personal options upon graduation.
- Educate all students to their highest potential so they will have the greatest range of personal options upon graduation
- Provide superior educational programs and a multitude of resources to meet the needs of all students and which close the achievement gap
- Develop comprehensive avenues of transition from middle school/junior high to Hollister High School and from high school to experiences after graduation
- Develop and enhance academic assessments that inform instructional practices
- Provide the highest level of instruction by retaining, recruiting and developing quality staff
- Provide professional development that addresses equitable education, builds content competencies, and supports effective classroom management
- Promote and preserve mutual respect among all District employees
Facilities and Infrastructure
- Maintain and enhance campus facilities and infrastructure in a manner that will provide a positive teaching and strong learning environment
- Maintain a safe, clean, functional environment and enjoyable atmosphere
Fiscal Solvency and Responsibility
- Maintain reality based budget within District revenues
- Maximize efficiency of operations
- Work towards long term stability
Connections with Students, Families, Community and District
- Cultivate and sustain meaningful connections and positive communication and relations with all constituencies
- Foster mutual respect, follow Baler code, establish and maintain high behavioral standards
- Maintaining organizational integrity will be achieved through consistent monitoring and accountability in all aspects of the organization.
Our task–and our passion–is to connect with your child to support his or her academic, social, and emotional success with a positive high school experience. To that end, San Benito High School District curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular programs and activities provide a wide range of opportunities in which students can learn and build friendships that last a lifetime.
We hope that your child’s experience is as rich and rewarding as possible. We love the connection to the community we have enjoyed since the school’s inception in 1895. WELCOME to San Benito High School District!