Welcome to San Benito High School District, home of Hollister High School and San Andreas Continuation High School. The mission of San Benito High School District is to educate all students to their highest potential so they will have the greatest range of personal options upon graduation.
About Superintendent Tennenbaum:
As a proud product of California’s public school system, San Benito High School District Superintendent Dr. Shawn Tennenbaum has spent his entire 29-year career serving students, parents and school communities on the Central Coast, primarily at the secondary level. During this time, his foundational experience in the classroom was supporting students with disabilities as well as coaching student-athletes. His leadership roles have been wide-reaching, from Teacher on Special Assignment to Director of Human Resources, and to his current role as the Superintendent of San Benito High School District. With an undergraduate degree from the University of the Pacific in Stockton, and both a master’s and doctorate degrees from San Jose State University, Superintendent Tennenbaum continued his belief in life-long learning. His strong commitment to the San Benito High School District began in 1998. He believes deeply in the core values promoted and exhibited on a daily basis by the students, staff, alumni, and the greater San Benito High School District community. Dr. Tennenbaum states, “It is an honor to be a part of a community that not only embraces, but supports the growth and development of our future generations.”
Superintendent Tennenbaum has been a member of Association of California School Administrators (ACSA) since 2008. He currently serves on the ACSA Board of Directors. Previously he was the ACSA Region 10 Vice President for Legislative Action, served on the ACSA Human Resource Council, and the Negotiators Symposium Committee Co-Chair.
Superintendent Tennenbaum has been recognized for his accomplishments by being named the ACSA Region 10 Superintendent of the Year for 2019-20 and he selected as one of California’s FFA Star Sectional Administrators of the Year. In the 2018-19 school year, he received the ACSA Region 10 Ken McCombs Award and in the 2015-16 school year he received the ACSA State of California Human Resources Administrator of the Year Award. In 2014, he was named the ACSA Region 10 Administrator of the Year for Human Resources.
Our Task and Our Passion
Is to connect with your child to support his or her academic, social, and emotional success with a positive high school experience. To that end, San Benito High School District curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular programs and activities provide a wide range of opportunities in which students can learn and build friendships that last a lifetime.
We hope that your child’s experience is as rich and rewarding as possible. We love the connection to the community we have enjoyed since the school’s inception in 1895. WELCOME to San Benito High School District!
- Educate all students to their highest potential so they will have the greatest range of personal options upon graduation
- Provide superior educational programs and a multitude of resources to meet the needs of all students and which close the achievement gap
- Develop comprehensive avenues of transition from middle school/junior high to Hollister High School and from high school to experiences after graduation
- Develop and enhance academic assessments that inform instructional practices
- Provide the highest level of instruction by retaining, recruiting and developing quality staff
- Provide professional development that addresses equitable education, builds content competencies, and supports effective classroom management
- Promote and preserve mutual respect among all District employees
Connections with Students, Families, Community and District
- Cultivate and sustain meaningful connections and positive communication and relations with all constituencies
- Foster mutual respect, follow Baler code, establish and maintain high behavioral standards
Facilities and Infastructure
- Maintain and enhance campus facilities and infrastructure in a manner that will provide a positive teaching and strong learning environment
- Maintain a safe, clean, functional environment and enjoyable atmosphere
- Maintaining organizational integrity will be achieved through consistent monitoring and accountability in all aspects of the organization.
Fiscal Solvency and Responsibility
- Maintain reality-based budget within District revenues
- Maximize efficiency of operations
- Work toward long term stability